Time delay between baptism and confirmation

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
simonawright

Time delay between baptism and confirmation

Postby simonawright » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:42 am

The zone leaders asked the following question:

Does a convert have to be rebaptised if there is a long delay between baptism and confirmation? I can't see any policy on this and my feeling is that this would be a decision for the Mission President.

Any thoughts would be gratefully recieved.

Gary_Miller

Re: Time delay between baptism and confirmation

Postby Gary_Miller » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:53 am

Baptism and confirmation are two separate ordinances. The only requirement is one must be baptized first before being confirmed. While confirmations are traditionally accomplished at the time of baptism there is nothing that states it should be done within any specific period of time.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Time delay between baptism and confirmation

Postby lajackson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:28 am

simonawright wrote:The zone leaders asked the following question:
. . . and my feeling is that this would be a decision for the Mission President.

Because converts normally are not confirmed at the time of baptism, but later in a sacrament meeting, there is sometimes quite a wait between the two ordinances. But the only requirement I know of is, as Gary_Miller says, that the baptism happen first.

The mission president will be able to counsel the missionaries on the matter.

Return to “Membership Help”