Out of Unit Callings

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
maldwin

Out of Unit Callings

Post by maldwin »

We have an out of unit member who has been called as the Assistant Ward Clerk - Finance. I cannot add his name to this calling in MLS. We have his out-of-unit record and I can see it in other areas of MLS i.e. Membership Record, High Priests Quorum, but his name does not appear in the list of names available for this calling and I cannot add it. What is the next step?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out of Unit Callings

Post by russellhltn »

Chances are your Out-of-Unit record is incomplete. I'm sure you'll need his record number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maldwin

Post by maldwin »

Thank you for replying. His record number is in our record. It must be something else. I will check his record more closely.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Brethren serving in out of unit leadership positions must include priesthood ordinance information in the out of unit record for their name to appear on the list of available priesthood holders for the leadership position.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
maldwin

Post by maldwin »

I did search LDSTechwiki and the answer is there. Thank you.

Return to “Membership Help”