Priesthood Line of Authority

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Priesthood Line of Authority

Postby kalnius » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:56 pm

When a brother is ordained to the office of an Elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood, he usually receives a written priesthood line of authority (PLA) from the one who ordains him.

My question: When an Elder is then ordained to High Priest and is given another PLA, which is used, the original or the one for High Priest ordination?

Thanks.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Priesthood Line of Authority

Postby aebrown » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:33 pm

A person's PLA is based on their current office -- elder, high priest, or apostle. Ordination as a bishop or patriarch does not affect the PLA (in those cases, it would still be the high priest ordination that would determine the PLA).

craigklein

Postby craigklein » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm

I understand that we can submit an online request for our PLA... Where can we do so?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm

craigklein wrote:I understand that we can submit an online request for our PLA... Where can we do so?

The details can be found here.

There seems to be a new place, found in the "Tools" of lds.org: here
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lboggs

Postby lboggs » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:42 am

Is there any chance of getting LoA added into MLS as a standard part of the ordination process?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:40 am

lboggs wrote:Is there any chance of getting LoA added into MLS as a standard part of the ordination process?

I'd say there's little to no chance of getting a new feature like that added to MLS. Minimal development efforts are being devoted to MLS at this point; the focus is on moving MLS functionality to Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org.

However, you could certainly make that suggestion for Clerk Resources; you could use the Feedback link on LDS.org to submit your idea.

Return to “Membership Help”