Ordinace not registered

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
luisloayza

Ordinace not registered

Postby luisloayza » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:48 am

Hello everyone, a member in our ward was ordained high priest 6 years ago in a previous ward located in another city. This was not registered. He appears now in our records as an elder. I have read the directions in Manual 1, 16.1.10, our brother might get the two witnesses and I guess the signed documents could be sent via regular mail, but I am not sure how to proceed if the one who did the ordinance is not in our ward records, in order to update MLS. Thanks

eblood66

Re: Ordinace not registered

Postby eblood66 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:04 pm

luisloayza wrote:Hello everyone, a member in our ward was ordained high priest 6 years ago in a previous ward located in another city. This was not registered. He appears now in our records as an elder. I have read the directions in Manual 1, 16.1.10, our brother might get the two witnesses and I guess the signed documents could be sent via regular mail, but I am not sure how to proceed if the one who did the ordinance is not in our ward records, in order to update MLS. Thanks

Simply type the information into the boxes without using the Select button. The Select button is for convenience but you can still type the name and other information even if the person is not in your unit. If you don't have the persons membership number you can leave it blank. But if that's the case, it's good if you can get their birthdate. But the ordinance is still valid, even if you can't get their birthdate.

Return to “Membership Help”