Locating Address for Moved Members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sghall

Re: Locating Address for Moved Members

Post by sghall »

jdlessley wrote:
sghall wrote: we use the Member Record Update Report to locate the unit where their records went
This report is not stored in MLS but must be printed when prompted at the time the record is moved out and saved to be available in the future.
Which we keep going back a year. While there is no official requirement to do so, this system has been working for us so far.
stringhamm

Post by stringhamm »

There may be reasons for wanting to find past members addresses but fortunately sending donation records for tax purposes should generally not be one of them since the church now sends a report which lists donations in all units in a combined report. See Where are the donation summaries (actual wording may be different) thread under finances. Our statements didn't show up until a couple days ago. It lists the members now in our ward with their donations from previous wards as well as those in our ward. You should have received a message in MLS showing how to find them. Since our ward gets those for people moving into our ward I am assuming those who moved are also getting donations to our ward posted to their new ward.
eholley

Post by eholley »

stringhamm wrote:Since our ward gets those for people moving into our ward I am assuming those who moved are also getting donations to our ward posted to their new ward.
As far as I know, this MLS feature only engages when the member has made a donation in the new ward. Meaning, if tax information for one fiscal year spans multiple wards, the current ward will receive a statement for past donations.

However, if a member donates over the course of the year, moves into a new ward, but hasn't donated in the new ward yet, the new ward will not receive the statement for past donations. There's the catch, if I read the MLS notification correctly.

I don't know if members have made a donation in new wards; thus, it seems that I must still find the members' new addresses and send the partial statements I have.

Return to “Membership Help”