Shared Online Search UserID's to find lost sheep online?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
adoga

Shared Online Search UserID's to find lost sheep online?

Post by adoga »

Does SLC have any userID's that we can use to find Lost Sheep on the internet, for those members we believe are still living within our ward boundaries?

For instance, Spokeo or zabasearch are paid sites and are very helpful engines for finding people. A shared userid would be great.

Since that's probably not an option, has anyone ever tried creating one for the Stake to share, or even the ward? I'd love to hear how it went or which sites were best for this purpose.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Shared Online Search UserID's to find lost sheep online?

Post by russellhltn »

adoga wrote:For instance, Spokeo or zabasearch are paid sites and are very helpful engines for finding people. A shared userid would be great.
I would imagine that a shared User ID would be against the terms of service for that site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:I would imagine that a shared User ID would be against the terms of service for that site.
A quick check indicates that is correct.

For Spokeo see Spokeo terms of use section 1, Accounts and Logins, part b.

Zabasearch uses your Facebook account credentials and therefore you are bound by the Facebook terms for those credentials. See Facebook terms section 4, Registration and Account Security, parts 1 and 8.

Since Zabasearch is free, each user can use their own Facebook credentials. Sharing of credentials is not necessary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
adoga

Post by adoga »

Doh!
boiseman37

Post by boiseman37 »

I am new to the member's clerk position. I was helping to track down lost sheep before the calling. I used Peoplesmart found it to work very well. They "say" their data base is updated about ever 6 or 7 months.

I talked to the Bishop he said he might be able to help off set the cost a little bit.

Good luck with your searches.

Return to “Membership Help”