Baby Blessing Date Search

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brentlacey

Baby Blessing Date Search

Postby brentlacey » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:16 pm

How do I view the baby blessing date for a member that has occurred, and was recorded, in the past? Thanks!

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Was it done in your ward? Because I don't think that date is part of the church's record of a individual. It's lost when the record moves to a new unit.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

brentlacey

Postby brentlacey » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Yes...it was done in our current ward.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Based on my playing around with the test install of MLS, I don't think the blessing date is stored. It's only used to print the certificate.

Note that blessings are not a saving ordinance. The more important question is has the child's record been created.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

falcon771

Postby falcon771 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:07 pm

A certificate should have been printed. The form filled out prior to the blessing should be on file in the clerk's office. Failing those, the parents may remember or someone took a picture or something to recreate the date.

Return to “Membership Help”