Bishop passing info on members to next bishop

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

For a smaller ward <175 active - you'll find that you can remember most of what is important about people. I can scan down my ward list - and I could give a pretty accurate / brief summary about most of the people regarding any previous discipline or counselling issues.

Can't really get that stuff out of your head, until the release is extended I guess?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dannykos wrote:For a smaller ward <175 active - you'll find that you can remember most of what is important about people.
;) You must be younger than 65. :rolleyes:
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dannykos wrote:Can't really get that stuff out of your head, until the release is extended I guess?

While you have the keys and the calling, you also have many blessings. When you are released, selective amnesia sets in fairly quickly. I have found it to be quite a blessing.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

lajackson wrote:While you have the keys and the calling, you also have many blessings. When you are released, selective amnesia sets in fairly quickly. I have found it to be quite a blessing.

Although I've not been a bishop, I've experienced the same going from ward membership clerk to branch clerk, back to ward finance clerk, to ward membership clerk, to finance clerk again, and now to ward clerk. Any clerk learns a lot about the ward members. At each change, with the exception of the last, most of that knowledge has gone within a few days or weeks. And I agree that it is a wonderful blessing.

Return to “Membership Help”