"Head of Household" rules?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
5wheel

"Head of Household" rules?

Post by 5wheel »

Can anyone direct me to guidelines regarding situations where the Father is not a member of the church, the mother IS an active member however we have the non-member father listed as "Head of Household".

My understanding is the non-member father should not even be in the MLS system at all and the mother should be listed as the "Head of Household". Is this correct?

Edit
Never-mind - - I found my own answer: http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Head_of_household
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From page A-6 of the MLS help file:
"Head of Household - The head of a household should be the member to whom all the other household members are tied in the records. In MLS, the head of household is usually the husband or father, whether he is a member of the Church or not. In certain cases, the head of household may also be another member parent, a single member, or a member child whose parents are not members."

From page A-4:
"Nonmember Records - Create a nonmember record only when the nonmember is related to a member of your ward and you have the permission of the nonmember. These will be kept in your ward’s computer only and will not be transmitted to the administration office. Information on nonmember records will not appear on organization lists and rolls because the organization profiles do not include nonmembers. Nonmembers will appear on family-type reports such as the directory of members, the telephone directory, and so forth."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”