Different Data MLS - LDS.org

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
showseason

Post by showseason »

RussellHltn wrote:There was a recent upgrade to CDOL. I'm wondering if it added some new bugs.
That may be. I do see that all the ward's other callings are now listed under Primary heading - sent feedback on that.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

showseason wrote:Back again. The supposed refresh came back, but MLS still does not mirror CDOL. Those calls I deleted in MLS helped CDOL and that's a big fix, but now MLS shows holes. I could add the callings back and not do a send/receive but that seems like just postponing the inevidable. Looks like time to make a call to SL.
I looked at what we were sending down and for some reason it was only sending down refresh data for the stake callings, even though the refresh request included both the ward and the stake. I took the liberty to trigger the refresh from CDOL (which might be the way it was tested the most), and I see that the data that is ready to come down has the right number of callings for your stake and ward. I hope that helps.
RussellHltn wrote:There was a recent upgrade to CDOL. I'm wondering if it added some new bugs.
It looks like the refresh has a bug in it somewhere. We'll have to look into it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I was hoping to attract the attention of our friendly neighborhood CDOL developer. ;)
JonesRK wrote:I took the liberty to trigger the refresh from CDOL

Is that something that someone in the local unit can do?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:I was hoping to attract the attention of our friendly neighborhood CDOL developer. ;)
I've been watching this thread, and checking to see what was going on :)

RussellHltn wrote:Is that something that someone in the local unit can do?
Unfortunately, no. We have talked about that possibility, but it hasn't ever happened. I'll bring it up again.
showseason

Post by showseason »

JonesRK wrote:I took the liberty to trigger the refresh from CDOL (which might be the way it was tested the most), and I see that the data that is ready to come down has the right number of callings for your stake and ward. I hope that helps.

Early this morning I signed on and did and send/receive. Different messages came up and something about callings (so fast I did not catch it all). I was hoping it was fixed. But . . MLS did not pick up the CDOL list.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

showseason wrote:Early this morning I signed on and did and send/receive. Different messages came up and something about callings (so fast I did not catch it all). I was hoping it was fixed. But . . MLS did not pick up the CDOL list.
Okay, I marked your unit to request a backup so I can see if I can figure out what is happening. So the next time you do a send/receive, I'll get that and see if I can figure out what isn't working.
showseason

Post by showseason »

JonesRK wrote:Okay, I marked your unit to request a backup so I can see if I can figure out what is happening. So the next time you do a send/receive, I'll get that and see if I can figure out what isn't working.

Just did a send/receive this morning (Monday, 9/3 at 8:00 am PDT). I sure appreciate your efforts in getting this figured out.
showseason

Post by showseason »

My Bishop is asking if it is just our ward or a church wide issue that prevents us from receiving a unit refresh data back to correct our MLS calling list (Salt Lake is aware). I could not answer him so would like to know if others are having an issue too. We will have a organization change tomorrow and if I enter it in MLS it will duplicate in CDOL with different peoples names since the current calling is no longer in MLS to change/remove.

Update found on other thread: We just found a bug with CDOL processing the refresh request coming from MLS 3.4.3. Note: this bug will be fixed in the CDOL 3.1.1 release (hopefully next week).

This was concerning a stake problem - Does it also apply to a ward issue?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

showseason wrote:My Bishop is asking if it is just our ward or a church wide issue that prevents us from receiving a unit refresh data back to correct our MLS calling list (Salt Lake is aware). I could not answer him so would like to know if others are having an issue too. We will have a organization change tomorrow and if I enter it in MLS it will duplicate in CDOL with different peoples names since the current calling is no longer in MLS to change/remove.

Update found on other thread: We just found a bug with CDOL processing the refresh request coming from MLS 3.4.3. Note: this bug will be fixed in the CDOL 3.1.1 release (hopefully next week).

This was concerning a stake problem - Does it also apply to a ward issue?
The bug applies to refresh requests initiated by MLS. In your case there was a problem with MLS processing the full refresh file that I generated from CDOL. We gave that to the MLS team to look at. I haven't heard anything back. I will follow up on Monday. If you want to PM me a list of the duplicates I can delete them from CDOL.

Return to “Membership Help”