Ward members with LDS accounts

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rayfroess

Ward members with LDS accounts

Post by rayfroess »

Is there a way to tell which ward members have LDS accounts? If so is there a way to tell how often they use them to access church websites?

In the left green sidebar of the old Ward Administator Options webpage is "Registered Users." This page's heading says, "The User Name column only shows user names for users that still need to migrate their user accounts to an LDS Account user name and password."

The list of members with accounts does seem to be updated with members moving in/out and deceased are removed but I know of one member who has an account that isn't listed. The list of members who need to migrate isn't accurate either.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You've already mentioned the only tool I know of.

If you're a leader, you might be able to get an idea by seeing who has emails in the directory. While it's possible for a clerk to enter it, I would think that's more the exception then the rule.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rayfroess

Post by rayfroess »

In the new lds.org I exported our ward's membership list (Directory > Export Households) into a spreadsheet. I then rearranged the columns (Head of Household, Spouse, and Child) to get single columns with member names with email addresses. In the old site, as ward website administrator, I copied and pasted the Registered Users into a second spreadsheet.

In the households list there are 90 with email addresses compared to 94 in the registered users list. Using MS Access, I created a query for all names with email in households who had matching names in registered users. Only 50 matched. Most of the mismatch was because of first name differences; Tom instead of Thomas for example.

So I had to manually matched the names in the two lists. Of the 90 in the household list I found 81 in the registered user list. If the registered user list is accurate then there must be 94-81=13 names in the registered user list that aren't in the household list.

I therefore can't really tell how many in our ward have church LDS accounts by counting those having email addresses.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

This might not be a resolution to your immediate problem, but it IS an idea. As we're now in the month of August we're approaching the end of the year. Tithing settlement is 3 months away. Years ago, when I was in a Bishopric, we used a 10 minute period just before the family met with the Bishop to review membership records and be sure that things were correct. Perhaps each family could be asked if they had an LDS account? Yes, I realize that not everyone comes to Tithing Settlement, but it's a start. You might also pass a list around through PHD and Relief Society and bring up the subject in Ward Correlation.

Unfortunately, as you've stated, there's no easy method of ascertaining how many members of a ward have an LDS account, but there are several things that could be used to get at least some of the information.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Membership Help”