Unsure of baptism

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
New Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Unsure of baptism

Postby jgamber » Mon May 07, 2012 12:44 pm

We have a situation where a family is claiming that one of their children was baptized, as a child of record, in another ward yet we show the child as not baptized on the records of the church. The family insistst that it did occur yet there is no "proof" and the ward (same stake) they claim to have been a member of when the child was baptized insists that the baptism did not happen. What type of proof do we need from the family in order to enter this ordinance on the childs record. And if they cannot provide proof, what do we do then?

User avatar
Community Administrator
Posts: 15059
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Mon May 07, 2012 1:04 pm

A procedure is detailed in Handbook 1, Section 16.1.10, for recording ordinances after the fact. But they would need to produce proper witnesses to the event. Otherwise, the ordinance will have to be performed again.

See also the wiki article Updating membership records or the online lesson summary Correcting Membership Records.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Membership Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest