Unit numbers on IOS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
1historian-p40

Unit numbers on IOS

Post by 1historian-p40 »

We had a new member record created this week for a new convert. When i printed the IOS to give to the member it listed both the stake and the ward unit #s. Why would they need this information and when we get the new update on the 6th will this information no longer appear? Thanks
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

One of the purposes of the IOS is for the member(s) to show it to the bishop or ward clerk of the new unit they move in to so that their records can be requested. While the information is not required to request someones records, if the ward clerk knows the prior ward and stake unit numbers I think this might speed up the process of locating and moving the records into the new unit. (At least it seems to me to speed up the turn-around time for processing such requests.)
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

jbh001 wrote:One of the purposes of the IOS is for the member(s) to show it to the bishop or ward clerk of the new unit they move in to so that their records can be requested. While the information is not required to request someones records, if the ward clerk knows the prior ward and stake unit numbers I think this might speed up the process of locating and moving the records into the new unit. (At least it seems to me to speed up the turn-around time for processing such requests.)

I understand that to be the exact reason.
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

I concur with jbh001 and SR Ward Clerk.
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson

Return to “Membership Help”