process for seeking 1st presidency approval for members to attend our ward?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
angordon

process for seeking 1st presidency approval for members to attend our ward?

Post by angordon »

Hi I am a Ward Clerk and I am wondering what is the process for sending requests to the First Presidency for people to attend our ward that live outside of our boundaries. We have a few older widows that had a fire in the building in our ward that have had to relocate to other facilities outside of our ward and would like to continue to attend our ward. They have faithful hometeachers and are well fellowshipped in this ward. Is this a process that we start at the ward level or should that go through the stake clerks? Do we just write a letter?

Thank you very much for your time in replying,
Adam
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

angordon wrote:We have a few older widows that had a fire in the building in our ward that have had to relocate to other facilities outside of our ward and would like to continue to attend our ward.

If this is only a temporary relocation, note that the policy is that you don't move records for people who will "gone" for 3 months or less. If this is a permanent relocation, I suspect you'll need to find a better reason such as a hardship in traveling to their new ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”