missionary couple accessing local unit member info

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kristaanncook

Senior Missionaries/Out of Unit/Access to Directory and other tools

Post by kristaanncook »

We've got senior missionaries assigned to our branch. Under the Branch Directory, they are listed as missionaries under the "Misisonary" category so it looks like the Mission Office has them entered correctly.

We are trying to get them added to the system as Primary President and Primary worker so they can access the Branch tools. However, that hasn't happened yet. They are functioning in these callings and they've been sustained and set-apart.

Is there anything special the clerk needs to do on M.L.S. to properly enter them in these standard callings? Nothing is happening and we are all wondering why.

Is there anything else we need to do? Help!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Having senior missionaries show in the Directory is done through the mission office. That information does not create a record in MLS of the unit in which they are serving. There must be an out of unit record in the unit MLS to have their names available to fill calling positions. Note that for a brother his priesthood ordinance information must be included in the out of unit record to be available for a calling position requiring the priesthood.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kristaanncook

How will dual access show up?

Post by kristaanncook »

Thanks, we are implementing these points.

When they have access to dual unit tools, (our branch and their home branch) how does this work? I'm guessing that there will be a new option on the drop down menu when they sign in. Is that correct? I don't know what to tell them to look for.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The only two LDS.org tools I know that have been discussed in relation to multiple unit displays is the Directory and the Calendar. I am not familiar with how multiple unit tools access for other tools is implemented.

For the Directory, additional units are added to, or included in, the drop-down list of units found in the top left column.

For the Calendar the user with multiple unit access will find the additional ward and stake calendars in Settings (gear icon)/Subscriptions. When the Ward Calendars tab is selected the calendars for the different units will be listed under the column title "Calendar Name". The unit the calendar belongs will be listed under the column titled "Unit". The user then selects the calendars they wish to subscribe.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

If a senior couple is called on a full-time mission to a ward/branch besides their own (non-live-at-home couples), they just need to work with the ward/branch clerks to get this information manually (on paper). The Missionary Department, to my knowledge, has not authorized access for missionaries to obtain membership information electronically (via Directory) for the units they serve in. If putting them in the local unit's MLS as an "out-of-unit member" works, please let me know!!

(Source: I work in the Missionary Department IS Group)

Return to “Membership Help”