Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
a had niece, her mother was a member of the church, she was baptized, she had a membership record number yet they have no baptismal certificate.. what should we do.
olive16 wrote:a had niece, her mother was a member of the church, she was baptized, she had a membership record number yet they have no baptismal certificate.. what should we do.
I don't quite understand the situation, but the key to resolving it will be working with the ward clerk(s) involved. The basic steps would be:
- Determine where the member with no baptismal certificate lives.
- Make sure the ward where the member lives actually has the membership record for that person (the ward clerk can request it if it is not in the ward right now)
- The ward clerk examines the record to see if the baptism and confirmation are correctly recorded.
- If the confirmation is not recorded as you said, then the ordinance will have to be verified (the bishop and stake president will have access to the requirements in Handbook 1 for verifying the ordinance). This may require some research, especially if the ordinance was performed in a different ward and/or mission.
- If it cannot be properly verified, it will have to be performed again.
- If everything is recorded properly, a baptismal certificate can be printed, but there is no information on the membership record as to who performed the baptism and confirmation and what their priesthood offices were. Before the certificate could be printed, it would require some research and contact with the ward and mission where the ordinances were performed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
olive16 wrote:ok thank you very much.., i will tell the bishopric.. according to my niece she was baptize then but no confirmation date.
and also we tried it to enter her membership record but the system say no membership record exist.... the other problem i no there is no internet communication for MLS use.
If the mission does not report the confirmation date with the baptism, no membership record is created. (Same for a ward or branch for an 8-year-old). Someone may have made a temporary entry to get your niece's name to show up on class rolls, etc.
The key, as aebrown said, is to verify that the ordinance was completed or perform it again, and then to get it properly recorded on the records of the Church.
And your clerk will have some type of connection so that MLS can communicate with Church headquarters. If he does not have internet, he will have a telephone line connection.
So, work with your clerk and bishop (or branch president) to verify the ordinance or reaccomplish it, then to get it recorded.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: dppace and 1 guest