find place of baptism

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
joelbrooksby

find place of baptism

Post by joelbrooksby »

theres a member who doesnt know where she was baptized and would like to find out. I looked and the record only shows the date, is there someway to find out or something I'm missing? thanks everybody
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: find place of baptism

Post by russellhltn »

You could call local unit support. They might have that information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:You could call local unit support. They might have that information.
I suppose there is a small possibility. But the church doesn't retain who performed a baptism so I don't think it's likely that they retain where a baptism occurred.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:But the church doesn't retain who performed a baptism so I don't think it's likely that they retain where a baptism occurred.
Long time ago (but after they stopped recording that information), when I talked to them, they could tell me what ward did what to the record.

What I do know is what the wards are allowed to see is only a part of the complete record. CHQ has more - if for nothing else, auditing and tracking. But since it really has nothing to do with the member's spiritual progression, that information is not shared with the wards.

I believe that's the primary reason that if a member demands to see their records that they be referred to CHQ - which has the complete record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

They should at least have record of what ward her records started out in at the time of her baptism.
joelbrooksby

Post by joelbrooksby »

thanks

Return to “Membership Help”