Move Restriction List

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
33CruJones1986

Move Restriction List

Post by 33CruJones1986 »

Is there a way to see which members have move restrictions?

We have a few members that have had move restrictions placed on their records by our Bishop for various reasons known by him. He wants me (I'm the ward clerk) to help him keep track of those restrictions. However, as most bishops are, he is very busy. This means that he doesn't always remember to tell me everything he needs to. Consequently, I'm not sure if he has forgotten to tell me about any of them which, over time, he may have forgotten about himself. I do not see any way, other than viewing each members profile one by one, to find those who have move restrictions placed on their records.
Help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Move Restriction List

Post by russellhltn »

If you're talking about a MLS screen, there's some arrows that will allow you to advance to the next person. That would make the member-by-member search a lot faster.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:If you're talking about a MLS screen, there's some arrows that will allow you to advance to the next person. That would make the member-by-member search a lot faster.
Unfortunately, move restrictions don't show up in MLS. You have to look at LCR and I don't know of any way to move quickly from person to person in LCR. And I don't know of any way of getting a report of them unless it shows up on the Confidential Member Information Report. I've never seen that report so I don't know if it has move restrictions or not.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

That would be a good suggestion to send to the developers in the feedback link.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”