Address of this member was previously unknown.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Biggles

Address of this member was previously unknown.

Post by Biggles »

I've just received (via LCR) "Address of this member was previously unknown" record, who has been an active member of our ward, for at least 25 years, with all their current contact details :confused:

Any one else had this happen to them?
Where would the correct place be to report this strange behaviour?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Address of this member was previously unknown.

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:Where would the correct place be to report this strange behaviour?
First, I'd double-check to make sure the notice isn't referring to a family member with a similar name. (Perhaps with the expectation that you ask your member where their relative is.) You could also look to see if the "prior unit" is indeed "Address Unknown".

But the place to report it would be Local Unit Support so they can document it and pass it the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The notice is definitely referring to that member, as there is a photo and all the contact details for the member. But I take your point about members with similar names.

When carrying out a send/receive in MLS at the chapel this evening, a message came down about the prior unit, which is already listed in his membership details. I checked the prior unit details, on an unsynced LDS (IOS) Tools app., to confirm those details were already listed!

I'll contact LUS so that they can pass it on to the developers.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

This is the response I received from LUS

Thank you for the call today. In fact, what happened is that the member had 2 membership records. One of them was in your ward and the other one in Address Unknown. Therefore, we needed to combine the 2 record to make one. Combining the two records caused it to show on the Move-in report.

Please ignore the message in LCR as it is the result of the combination of the 2 records.

Now I know. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:Now I know. :)
And now we know. :) Thanks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”