Transfers of Members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tavaresl1

Transfers of Members

Post by tavaresl1 »

Hello, I am starting to use now for lds for clerics purposes so I'm not too familiar with the tool for this purpose, I would like ask you how can i order to transfer a member from my ward to another ward directly on the lds.
please i will wait for answers.
sincerely.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Transfers of Members

Post by jdlessley »

The steps are:
1. Sign into LDS.org.
2. Select Leader and Clerk Resources from the Sign-in/Tools menu.
3. Select "Move Records Out" from the Membership menu item.
4. Begin typing in the member or household name to move in the "Member Lookup" textbox. As you type, names or households will appear that match your input.
5. Choose the name or household from the list that match your input that you want to move out.
6. Select either "Yes" or "No" to the "Contact Prior Leader" option. The default is "No".
7. Click the Continue button.
8. Update the contact and address information.
9. Click the Continue button.
10. Select the destination unit. Units listed will be based on the address you provide.
11. Click the "Move Out of Ward [/Branch]" button.

You will be given either a successful move notice or an unsuccessful move notice. Follow the instructions for an unsuccessful move notice.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
pinewoody

Post by pinewoody »

What is the "Contact Prior Leader" option?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pinewoody wrote:What is the "Contact Prior Leader" option?
It will include a message asking the next bishop to contact your bishop (when the records are received by the new ward).
kladams94

Post by kladams94 »

I am a counselor in the Bishopric and trying to move out a member out of the LCR and I do not have under membership list no other options.
What else can be done?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kladams94 wrote:I am a counselor in the Bishopric and trying to move out a member out of the LCR and I do not have under membership list no other options.
What else can be done?
Have the ward clerk or membership clerk do that. Counselors are not given those keys - regardless of what rights they might have had in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
capsley

Post by capsley »

How does the new bishop receive notification that the prior leader chose the "Contact Prior Leader" option when moving a member record to a new unit? Does it show up on the new Bishop's LDS Tools app or on the physcial printout of the record from the MLS?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

capsley wrote:How does the new bishop receive notification that the prior leader chose the "Contact Prior Leader" option when moving a member record to a new unit? Does it show up on the new Bishop's LDS Tools app or on the physcial printout of the record from the MLS?
It shows up in the report that prints out in MLS with the incoming membership record. In other words, the clerk needs to inform the bishop that the request is attached to the new record. I believe the printout includes the contact information for the prior bishop.

The request does not flow to the LDS Tools app, even for the bishop.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:It shows up in the report that prints out in MLS with the incoming membership record.
Another reason that clerks need to review each and every printout that MLS wants to print and not dismiss them out of hand as a waste of paper.

Another reason is to see if a move-in has an annotation on the record - such as being disfellowshipped. While it's possible to pull this up later, it's far too easy to overlook and could lead to some missteps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ammonite_26

Post by ammonite_26 »

I'm a bishop. My ward is planning to clean the records. How can I move those members that we cannot contact or locate their address? We're planning to move their records to the area. thank you. hope you will help me on this.

Return to “Membership Help”