High Priest as Elders Quorum President

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: High Priest as Elders Quorum President

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:
scgallafent wrote:. . . but neither of us is the stake president in question. :)
Upon further reflection, . . .
And MLS seems to agree. The trick is to get him into the quorum so his position can be recorded.

I'm not the stake president in question either, but I hope he asked his high priest to choose the two best elders in the quorum as his counselors and train one of them to be the new president as soon as possible. The other option I always preferred was to choose the best elder in the quorum to be the president, and assign the high priest to be his personal adviser.

But yes, a high priest could preside over a deacons quorum it needed. I'm glad I was never that desperate.

And the stake president has the keys.
dwsmith2

Post by dwsmith2 »

I initially went with aebrown's first response, but also upon further reflection, I agree with his second response. I found this verse from the Doctrine and Covenants that helps: "High priests after the order of the Melchizedek Priesthood have a right to officiate in their own standing...and also in the office of an elder" (D&C 107:10).
tracypzane

Post by tracypzane »

Thank you gentlemen. I will pass your solutions along, and if anyone comes up with a better or definite way of getting MLS to accept this change please be sure to post it.

Zane
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tracypzane wrote:if anyone comes up with a better or definite way of getting MLS to accept this change please be sure to post it.
I don't know what you would consider a "better" way, but the "definite" way that certainly works was posted by scgallafent here.

Return to “Membership Help”