Tithing records for a ward that no longer exists.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mikellanddavid

Tithing records for a ward that no longer exists.

Postby mikellanddavid » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:37 pm

I have a member family that has recently moved to our ward that posed a question to me about getting their tax statement from a previous ward. Before moving here, their ward was dissolved and they became members of another ward. Since that ward no longer exists, how will they get that statement? Is a statement automatically sent in this situation or does the family need to submit a Contribution Information Request form to the Finance and Records Department?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:52 pm

mikellanddavid wrote:I have a member family that has recently moved to our ward that posed a question to me about getting their tax statement from a previous ward. Before moving here, their ward was dissolved and they became members of another ward. Since that ward no longer exists, how will they get that statement? Is a statement automatically sent in this situation or does the family need to submit a Contribution Information Request form to the Finance and Records Department?

The standard procedure is that they should have received a tax statement from the ward at the time it was dissolved. But if that didn't happen then, they should be able to request a tax statement from the stake that contained the dissolved ward -- they should have the ability to generate such statements.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

crislapi

Postby crislapi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:16 pm

There was a good discussion about this recently. See this thread.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”