Setup came and went, only issue is donation batch was deleted

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aclawson

Setup came and went, only issue is donation batch was deleted

Post by aclawson »

I had to call SLC to verify that the setup file came down and was told that everything worked. None of the existing data was altered in any way except for last Sunday's donation batch which has vanished from MLS without a trace. SLC says they can see that it processed and aren't really sure why it went AWOL. It has been referred to the programmers and as soon as people figure out what happened and what the fix should be they will call me back.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

The same thing just happened to us. The only thing that I can think of is that this Sunday we couldn't transmit (HQ server issues) and the batch just transmitted at the same time we got the update patch - therefore there was no way for the update patch to know about the donation batch. Let us know if each unit has to call. :)
ckellsworth

Post by ckellsworth »

Our ward has a similar problem, the finance update happened (fixed a problem from oct of last year). The only problem that happened is that a deposit (oct 23) is missing within MLS.

I will be calling SLC tomorrow to report our missing batch to them.

I will ask if other wards who see the same thing should call in also.
Mattphi

What is the phone number to SLC? I can't find it.

Post by Mattphi »

I can't print checks or do anything financial, although I have MLS 3.4.1. I just get the "updating finance..." bar and it seems to be in an eternal loop. Do you suggest I leave MLS turned on and leave the office to do other things in my day, or is there a desktop troubleshooting procedure I can use?

Matt Gilmore
Sweet Home Oregon
Ward Clerk
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mattphi wrote:I can't print checks or do anything financial, although I have MLS 3.4.1. I just get the "updating finance..." bar and it seems to be in an eternal loop. Do you suggest I leave MLS turned on and leave the office to do other things in my day, or is there a desktop troubleshooting procedure I can use?

The contact information can be found in the wiki under Local Unit Support. Your problem sounds like one that you will need help from LUS in order to solve -- I don't know of any troubleshooting steps that would address that particular problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

mattphi wrote:I can't print checks or do anything financial, although I have MLS 3.4.1. I just get the "updating finance..." bar and it seems to be in an eternal loop. Do you suggest I leave MLS turned on and leave the office to do other things in my day, or is there a desktop troubleshooting procedure I can use?
At this point, I'd leave it on and come back later. You can contact support (see here) until 8pm MDT tonight (Tuesday and Wednesday) if it's still stuck.
ckellsworth

Post by ckellsworth »

I talked to Local Unit Support and the batch that we entered and transmitted was not received by HQ.

They asked me to reenter it.

I would recommend any ward having a missing batch problem to contact LUS before taking any action. Since there is now two different cases.

A) MLS lost the deposit but HQ has it
B) MLS and HQ lost Deposit.

So you will have to know which case your ward falls into.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

SLC confirmed that multiple (unknown number) wards have a problem with 10/23/2011 batch - SLC received it but the data was dropped. The solution is to prepare a new setup file which will be sent down next week. Any unit with the problem is asked to call SLC to discuss.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

aclawson wrote:SLC confirmed that multiple (unknown number) wards have a problem with 10/23/2011 batch - SLC received it but the data was dropped. The solution is to prepare a new setup file which will be sent down next week. Any unit with the problem is asked to call SLC to discuss.

I just called and will have an update with our missing batch "by tomorrow".
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

The new setup file just showed up - logged on and received an urgent task message to send changes to SLC then was instructed to log out and back in again and the missing batch was back in place. No other issues were noted.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”