MLS upgrade instructions

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aclawson

MLS upgrade instructions

Post by aclawson »

The MLS upgrade instructions include the step

"7. Print the Budget Allowance Summary by Subcategory Report to make sure all proper
subcategories exist after the setup file is received.
Choose Finances > More > Budget Report.
Print the Budget Allowance Summary Report."

Is this a throwback to a previous version? There is no "more" option under "finances" on my machine.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

It's referring to the initial screen that has boxes for Finance, Membership, and a few others. At the bottom of each box there is a link for "more" that takes you to that section.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Stated another way, the instructions are for navigating through the visual panels instead of the menu bar.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

From what I understand a file will be sent on October 23-24 that will erase local information and replace it with what the church has for the unit. This information should be the same and the process should eliminate most errors. They are asking us to print out BEFORE reports so we can match them with AFTER
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

wrigjef wrote:From what I understand a file will be sent on October 23-24 that will erase local information and replace it with what the church has for the unit. This information should be the same and the process should eliminate most errors. They are asking us to print out BEFORE reports so we can match them with AFTER
The message Oct 2011 MLS 3.4.1 UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS indicates the setup file will be available after 17 October (October 31st if shifted to alternate week). The exact wording is:
A finance setup file (a file that overwrites the local MLS database with current information from headquarters database in order to synchronize both systems) will be sent from Church headquarters to your MLS database.
You will receive the new setup file beginning October 18th.
The steps to be taken as described in the message are to be done some time between 18-24 October.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

The letter I received said the setup file would be sent on Monday October 24. Apparently wrigjef's said the same. My guess is that they are doing the updates in phases.
JLR
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Our setup file was received on Tuesday, 18 October, as indicated in the instructions we received.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Our stake setup file downloaded this (Wednesday) evening.
ecotim

Post by ecotim »

I think last weekend was only for the stake MLS systems. My stake ran around making sure everyone was ready and pointed to their letter showing the 17th. My letter (ward clerk) had this weekend the 24th. I went tuesday night and did multiple send receives when I realized they were telling us the stake's date.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”