LUFAS info

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
outback

LUFAS info

Post by outback »

I am wondering how someone actually logs into LUFAS, I do not see it as part of the Clerk resources on LDS.ORG.

Thanks for your Help
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

outback wrote:I am wondering how someone actually logs into LUFAS, I do not see it as part of the Clerk resources on LDS.ORG.

If your stake is using LUFAS, then the instructions you were given would give you the URL. But it's not a secret; it's at https://audit.lds.org

I'm guessing it's not on Leader and Clerk Resources at this point because not all stakes are using it at this point. Also, there really aren't any financial sections of Leader and Clerk Resources that have been implemented yet.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

Has anyone yet caught the disconnect between the Auditing Department wanting units to use LUFAS and the new audit forms for Ward/Branch and Stake/District stating in the directions to send the forms to the Area Assistant Auditor? We are in an area where LUFAS is supposed to be used but we will follow the directions on the forms and the wishes of the area auditor and send the forms via mail to the Assitant Auditor.

Again, for those who haven't noticed there are two new audit forms in MLS. Both the Stake/District and Ward/Branch forms have changed. Might be worth your while to print them out and let your Audit Committee Chairman know about some changes that are in the new forms.

Just saying!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

FFRsqpilot wrote:Has anyone yet caught the disconnect between the Auditing Department wanting units to use LUFAS and the new audit forms for Ward/Branch and Stake/District stating in the directions to send the forms to the Area Assistant Auditor? We are in an area where LUFAS is supposed to be used but we will follow the directions on the forms and the wishes of the area auditor and send the forms via mail to the Assitant Auditor.
You might want to check with your Area Assistant Auditor. My understanding is that for those units using LUFAS, they are to submit the audits electronically, and the paper forms are then irrelevant. The Area Assistant Auditor should have access to the electronically submitted audits. Only when paper forms are used instead of LUFAS are the paper forms to be mailed to the Assistant Auditor.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

aebrown wrote:https://audit.lds.org
Don't forget that "s" in "https". The url won't work without it. Spent a while being frustrated with that one.

On a recent call with LUS, I asked if we still had to be invited to use LUFAS or if it was open to everyone. The analyst I spoke with said it was open to everyone. I realize that is far from official (we should have received notices if they wanted everyone to use it). However, I can log in and access the system this go around. Last time it said I was not authorized.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

FFRsqpilot wrote:Has anyone yet caught the disconnect between the Auditing Department wanting units to use LUFAS and the new audit forms for Ward/Branch and Stake/District stating in the directions to send the forms to the Area Assistant Auditor? We are in an area where LUFAS is supposed to be used but we will follow the directions on the forms and the wishes of the area auditor and send the forms via mail to the Assitant Auditor.
These are the instructions we received when we began using LUFAS two audit cycles ago.

If you use LUFAS, do not send the forms to your Area Assistant Auditor. Only send the forms if you are not able to complete the audit using LUFAS.

If you are eligible to use LUFAS, you should use it. If you have trouble with an audit or two and just are not able to get them done using LUFAS, it is ok to send the paper audit to your Area Assistant Auditor. This sometimes happens with a Family History Center, for example, when you just can't get all of the electronic signatures.

The desire is to use LUFAS as much as possible. But an overriding requirement is to complete and report the audit. Do it electronically if you can, but if you cannot, be sure to send in the form.

I cannot confirm crislapi's post, but during the last audit we were told that Utah and Idaho would be able to use LUFAS "later in the year". Perhaps your time has arrived.

If LUFAS works as it did last time, you will not be able to enter an audit into the system for this cycle until August 1st.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

lajackson wrote:I cannot confirm crislapi's post, but during the last audit we were told that Utah and Idaho would be able to use LUFAS "later in the year". Perhaps your time has arrived.
I sent an email to mlssupport trying to get a clear answer on this. Here is what I got back:
You should be able to but it is not working for some people. If you are a stake auditor or stake audit chairman you should be able to use it. Other leaders can view it.
Still nothing official, but sounds like if you can get in, you are welcome to use it. Sounds a bit buggy for me to want to try it this go around, though.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”