Office Supplies - Best Cost, or Staples contract ?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
qualheim

Post by qualheim »

I'm curious... I'm coming back as a ward clerk after a 7 or 8 year hiatus. At the time, we were supposed to use Corporate Express for whatever we could. I know that Corporate Express is gone now. Do we have access to the StaplesLink system for ordering on the Church's corporate contract (maybe that's what you're referencing with the "Staples link" on the store.lds.org site above?)

What about for in-store purchases -- is there a discount available with the corporate contract for that as well?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

qualheim wrote:I'm curious... I'm coming back as a ward clerk after a 7 or 8 year hiatus. At the time, we were supposed to use Corporate Express for whatever we could. I know that Corporate Express is gone now. Do we have access to the StaplesLink system for ordering on the Church's corporate contract (maybe that's what you're referencing with the "Staples link" on the store.lds.org site above?)
Yes, http://www.store.lds.org

or through the menu system in leader resources:[INDENT]Leader resources/Resources/Purchase Materials
[/INDENT]then when on the Store page, near bottom right choose[INDENT][INDENT] Administrative materials
[/INDENT][/INDENT]then sign in with YOUR lds account, (because your clerk calling authorizes you to order admin. materials) then find this box in the middle of the page:

Office Supplies and Other Materials Available from Staples

Units in the United States and Canada can order the following kinds of materials through Staples:
  • Activity, athletic, and banquet supplies
  • Copy, computer, and office supplies
  • Audiovisual supplies
  • Missionary pass-along supplies
CLICK THE LINK OR CALL THE APPROPRIATE NUMBER ON THE RIGHT TO PLACE YOUR ORDER.
Items you order this way go to your bishops house, and are billed to your ward, and shipping is FAST in our case. I don't know how to do it walking through their store.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

walkerja wrote:For Copier Issues: Supplies are ordered and paid for by stakes or wards. To order, contact the church-contracted vendors using 800-537-7192 and follow the voice menu prompts.
Just saw your PDF after my post....very detailed. Thanks for posting it!
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

qualheim wrote:What about for in-store purchases -- is there a discount available with the corporate contract for that as well?
No. The only way to get the discount is to order online.
ronpatsysmith

Re: Office Supplies - Best Cost, or Staples contract ?

Post by ronpatsysmith »

ordering from staples even on paper is dirt cheep and they don't charge shiping but you have to use the lds account if you don't the cost is real high i speak from experance
jamesrj2

Re: Office Supplies - Best Cost, or Staples contract ?

Post by jamesrj2 »

here's the link from the church with the info

https://www.lds.org/help/support/order- ... s?lang=eng

Return to “Local Unit Finance”