Missionary debits

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
stott2

Missionary debits

Post by stott2 »

My bishop just received a letter that said that the church would start debiting the ward in May for a missionary that will leave in August. What is that all about? Is this a new policy? If they start charging us 3 months early, will they end 3 month early or will they charge for 27 months? Or, did they make an error with when they should be charging us?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stott2 wrote:My bishop just received a letter that said that the church would start debiting the ward in May for a missionary that will leave in August. What is that all about? Is this a new policy? If they start charging us 3 months early, will they end 3 month early or will they charge for 27 months? Or, did they make an error with when they should be charging us?
It sounds like a mistake to me. The Church will certainly not be charging for 27 months. We haven't seen any such letters in our stake -- we're always told that the first debit will be in the month the mission begins.

So I'd follow up with Local Unit Support to see what the reality is.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”