Internal Record of Purchase - what do you use them for?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Since several of you have asked:
He re-checks every single line item on every single Bishop's storehouse order. (A couple of audits ago, he argued with us for 30 minutes that we verified the Storehouse orders wrong because we entered a checkmark at each item to signify we checked the quantities rather then entering the quantities instead. I had to enter quantities in every order form that had been checked before he would finish the audit.)
He checks every single blank on every single reimbursement request to match to the reimbursement.
He reviews every bank statement with the same level of detail.
This is in addition to all the other audit items he has to check.

Most of the time, the rest of us just sit there and wait for him, handing him the files he wants and then putting them away when he is finished.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

davesudweeks wrote:Since several of you have asked:
He re-checks every single line item on every single Bishop's storehouse order. (A couple of audits ago, he argued with us for 30 minutes that we verified the Storehouse orders wrong because we entered a checkmark at each item to signify we checked the quantities rather then entering the quantities instead. I had to enter quantities in every order form that had been checked before he would finish the audit.)
He checks every single blank on every single reimbursement request to match to the reimbursement.
He reviews every bank statement with the same level of detail.
This is in addition to all the other audit items he has to check.

Most of the time, the rest of us just sit there and wait for him, handing him the files he wants and then putting them away when he is finished.
I would ask your bishop to send some feedback up to the Stake Audit Committee chair. This auditor needs some training on his role as an auditor and the scope of an audit.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

We already went that route, after the arguement on how to check Storehouse Orders. It has gotten a little better, but still takes way too long, in my opinion.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”