On Line Tithing payment

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

In the UK we have one bank account but we cannot have sub accounts as they do in Italy. I believe a few countries in Europe are able to have the system Italy uses.

Our local office have told me it is very complicated to match what happens in Italy. I expect that America has their own issues that are different to those in the UK, and Japan who have a similar system to ours. We are all likely to have processes and procedures that are slightly different but have the same aim and safeguards.
dswiss

Update?

Post by dswiss »

I'm new to this conversation, but I'm wondering if there's been an update to the status of online tithing? Is the church more prepared to accept donations online yet?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dswiss wrote:I'm new to this conversation, but I'm wondering if there's been an update to the status of online tithing? Is the church more prepared to accept donations online yet?
There has been no announced update. We're all still waiting....
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Sorry for my English and superficiality but I can't see any problem if there's only one bank account for all unities, contrariwise!
If this is a case it imply that all unity founds are managed with church financial reports.
Because of all money goes in only one account is not possible, through bank reports, to know the financial situation of each unity.
So, if you send money to the bank AND give a copy of it to the unit, all is known and correctly managed.
It's not a question of bank system but local office arrangement.
Several mounths ago we received a training as Stake auditors.
In that occasion was told us that Area Office is urging for electronic payments (even reimbourments) in every area country.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:Sorry for my English and superficiality but I can't see any problem if there's only one bank account for all unities, contrariwise!

You may not see the problem, but the situation in your area in Europe has nothing to do with the banking system used by the Church in the United States. It's been pointed out several times in this thread that it is different. If it were as simple as you imagine it is, I'm sure the Church would have implemented this long ago. Since it hasn't been implemented, it's safe to conclude that it is more complicated than you think.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I agree with you aebrown. My post was related to the UK situation. I can't remember if UK belongs to the same Area of Italy, and I assume it is.
Anyway I trust on Church choices. This doesn't means that they (decisions) are always in the border-line of the state of art.
They are surely right, and correct, but not always innovative.
The only big concern is, from my point of view, that having money and paper going through different ways, it require more carefulness to audit church and bank reports.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:I agree with you aebrown. My post was related to the UK situation. .

The last post on the UK situation was over 4 months ago, so if you are referring to a post that isn't current, it's helpful to quote it or to at least refer to it somehow. I naturally assumed you were talking about the post that was made this week, which is the one I responded to.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

There hasn't been any news at all on this subject. At present we can pay by Gift Aid online but even that requires a message to church offices for them to do some recording at their end. I expect online banking will be available but it will appear when it does and in different areas at different times depending upon the local situation, we will have to be patient.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I apologize aebrown. I'm not used to look at date of post!
Life require constant learn!
I'm sorry.
hrhneenerita

Re: On Line Tithing payment

Post by hrhneenerita »

Sorry to bother but i have read all the posts and none since 2012, now in 2015 has anything changed is is all over facebook again about it and i was wondering if it was soon to be officially possible for everyone and not be a paybill thing with my bank. i was very close to doing the pay bill thing but could not change the amount paid and i do not have a fixed income amount. so it needed to change each time.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”