Budget Reports

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
klwilkinson
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Budget Reports

Postby klwilkinson » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:39 pm

I've encountered the following problem with our wards budget reports. We have entered all of our budget information and assigned budget amounts to each of our categories/subcategories. However, on our Budget Allowance Summary Report and Budget Allowance Auxiliary Report only the first Subcategory line (Activities) shows the assigned budget amount previously entered. All of the other subcategories still show $0.00. However, all of the correct budget entries appear in the Budget Allowed Detail Reports.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, do you know how to get the appropriate budget amounts to appear on all of the reports? Thanks for any help you might provide.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:31 pm

klwilkinson wrote:I've encountered the following problem with our wards budget reports. We have entered all of our budget information and assigned budget amounts to each of our categories/subcategories. However, on our Budget Allowance Summary Report and Budget Allowance Auxiliary Report only the first Subcategory line (Activities) shows the assigned budget amount previously entered. All of the other subcategories still show $0.00. However, all of the correct budget entries appear in the Budget Allowed Detail Reports.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, do you know how to get the appropriate budget amounts to appear on all of the reports? Thanks for any help you might provide.


I have not seen any such problems, either at the stake level or with any of the ward clerks I've worked with since MLS 3.3.1 came out.

It may be too obvious a question, but have you made sure that you are looking at the same years in each case? You can run reports on previous years or the current year, and you can set budgets for the current year or previous years.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

allenjpl
Member
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:26 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA

Postby allenjpl » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:38 pm

You may want to double-check that the right accounts are active. I recently noticed that several accounts were missing from the Summary Report (the one that shows the estimated future allocations), even though they showed up correctly on the Auxiliary report. Oddly, the Budget Allocations were re-activated, even though I had previously inactivated them. On the other hand, several others had been de-activated, including several that we had allocated budget funds to (a couple of Primary subcategories and a category under Miscellaneous). Once I took that step, everything showed up correctly.

davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Owasso, OK, USA

Postby davesudweeks » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:57 pm

I have been seeing odd behavior with the accounts as well. Some that were "0 balance" and inactivated have been re-activated. Some that were "0 balance" but active have been inactivated. This has been going on since the latest CUBS update (at least I did not notice it before). I have not seen a pattern yet, but have begun checking the accounts every time we are going to do something financial in MLS.

daveywest
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Mesquite, Nevada, United States

Postby daveywest » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 pm

allenjpl wrote:You may want to double-check that the right accounts are active. I recently noticed that several accounts were missing from the Summary Report (the one that shows the estimated future allocations), even though they showed up correctly on the Auxiliary report. Oddly, the Budget Allocations were re-activated, even though I had previously inactivated them. On the other hand, several others had been de-activated, including several that we had allocated budget funds to (a couple of Primary subcategories and a category under Miscellaneous). Once I took that step, everything showed up correctly.


I saw this yesterday also. Several old accounts I had disabled were now enabled, while new accounts created just a week ago were missing.
Bro. West
Assistant Stake Clerk - Finance (2 years)
Former Assistant Ward Clerk - Finance (3 years)


Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest