UFS verses CUBS Other account total not adding up POST CUBS conversion

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bchriste

UFS verses CUBS Other account total not adding up POST CUBS conversion

Post by bchriste »

Just had our Unit Audit where we found that the total of our Other accounts was 119.68 less than what was shown on our Dec financial statement. I’ve searched all the past Other accounts (active and deactivated) and this unbalance still persists as of the latest financial statement (Feb). This out of balance didn’t show up pre-CUBS. Any ideas on where I go from here?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

bchriste wrote:Just had our Unit Audit where we found that the total of our Other accounts was 119.68 less than what was shown on our Dec financial statement. I’ve searched all the past Other accounts (active and deactivated) and this unbalance still persists as of the latest financial statement (Feb). This out of balance didn’t show up pre-CUBS. Any ideas on where I go from here?
There is a known CUBS bug that can affect your CUBS balance in Budget and Other. It is related (supposedly) to having made adjustments in 2007 or later to expenses cut in 2006 or earlier. CUBS seems to have an issue calculating the correct balance forward. There is nothing you can do to rectify it. Just make note of the difference. For more, see this post.
icewlf

Post by icewlf »

bchriste wrote:Just had our Unit Audit where we found that the total of our Other accounts was 119.68 less than what was shown on our Dec financial statement. I’ve searched all the past Other accounts (active and deactivated) and this unbalance still persists as of the latest financial statement (Feb). This out of balance didn’t show up pre-CUBS. Any ideas on where I go from here?

Try checking your net available on the partial statement during october. I have a similar discrepancy caused by CHQ using the net available as my starting balance instead of the pre-CUBS ending balance. Due to this, when the outstanding checks cleared, my balances on the UFS got messed up. The essentially took several checks out twice.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

For those interested, there may finally be a solution. See this thread.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”