Missionary Support to other country

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kevinsf

Missionary Support to other country

Post by kevinsf »

my family friend is in U.S they are the one who support my mission, right now i`m here in the Philippines..and they ask their financial clerk to put the mission support directly to my membership account...but the clerk cant do it,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Typically the ward you leave from is the one that handles the payment for the mission. Your friend will have to send the funds to that ward and explain what they are for. He can not donate in his own ward and have it credited to you.

Another option is to have your Bishop talk to his Bishop and have responsibility for your mission transferred to his ward. This may be a bit tricky as I believe the two units are covered by different area offices. I've not heard of that being done before, but it's worth a try.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cferguso55

Post by cferguso55 »

The Bishop can contact the Missionary deparment and they should be able to change the responsible ward. I have had to do this several times and as long as the two Bishops agree there should not be a problem.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Our ward is doing it right now for a Sister who moved just before going on her mission - we are supporting her mission, not her new ward. It is quite easy when the Bishop calls the Missionary department to discuss (should be the Bishop of the ward taking responsibility for the financial obligation, I think). However, it may not be so easy for other areas of the world. I am very interested if this could be done, though, as a member wants to support a missionary from his daughter's mission (Paraguay) and we are trying to figure out how.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”