How to correct an allocation issue

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Josuenielson

How to correct an allocation issue

Post by Josuenielson »

Good Morning All:

As a clarification, I am a ward finance clerk.

At the end of 2010, the stake cut us a check that was to go toward the remaining expenditures for that year. However, I was just informed by the second councilor that the funds were deposited the first Sunday of 2011. Now when I go into the Budget Report on MLS, under Budget Allocations I show those funds, along with what has been allocated for the first quarter. This obviously overstates this year's budget. How do I go about correcting this so MLS shows the correct amounts for the correct year?

Thanks in advance!
kjwardle

Ward clerk

Post by kjwardle »

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who has the issue mentioned. I have tried to remove the Stake check deposit from this year and apply it to last year, but that doesn't work either.
If someone has an answer, I would appreciate hearing it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try the procedure listed in Donations in wrong year
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

I think the easiest fix is simply to unselect the Budget:allocations category when you run the budget report. Doing that will eliminate the double-counting problem.

I'm not sure that there's anything to correct. Your Budget allocations category is intended to hold your funds. From what you've said, that's exactly what it is doing.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”