How do I print non-member mailing labels that are in my donor list?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
smorris

How do I print non-member mailing labels that are in my donor list?

Post by smorris »

I have several people contributing to missionaries in our unit. We have carefully entered all the donor address information all year long so we could print tax statements and mail them. The only problem is, I can only create mailing labels for members of my unit.

Is there any way to create a custom report that includes non-members? At the bottom of any custom report there is the button "Create Mailing Labels", problem is, I can't get any non-member into a custom report to print the label.

Is there any place to create mailing labels for non-members that are donors in our unit?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

smorris wrote:Is there any way to create a custom report that includes non-members?
The criteria Attribute:Member Status, Compare Operation:is not, Value:Member will give you a custom report for non-members. Unfortunately this will not include non-member donors unless they also have a temporary membership record.
Custom reports only derive information from the member records portion of MLS and does not include financial information.

If you do not have too many non-member donors you could use the Add/Update Donor list to find the non-member donors and manually extract their address information from that record.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

smorris wrote:I have several people contributing to missionaries in our unit. We have carefully entered all the donor address information all year long so we could print tax statements and mail them. The only problem is, I can only create mailing labels for members of my unit.

Is there any way to create a custom report that includes non-members? At the bottom of any custom report there is the button "Create Mailing Labels", problem is, I can't get any non-member into a custom report to print the label.

Is there any place to create mailing labels for non-members that are donors in our unit?
The Mailing Labels feature works in many places in MLS, including donor statements. So all you have to do is to go to a screen such as Donor Statements and then choose File > Print Mailing Labels. That will print mailing labels for everyone on that list, which may well include nonmembers. You can use the checkboxes to select any or all donors on the list to include in your mailing labels.

I think you'll find that method much easier than trying to use custom reports.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
smorris

Thanks for your help

Post by smorris »

I found a print mailing labels button at the bottom of the screen with the print, preview, and select all buttons, etc. The print mailing labels button only comes up on some screens, like custom reports. I never would have thought to look under the menu "File" for the print mailing labels option.

Just a note to the wise. I found my donor list and selected all the names for the labels I wanted, then selected "Print mailing lables" from the "File" menu, which cleared all my check boxes and started me over with a new list. You have to select Print mailing labels first, then click on the boxes of names you want printed. In the Donor list it actually contained my members, non-members and out-of-unit members. This worked great. Thanks again

MLS Version 3.3.0_19389

Return to “Local Unit Finance”