Two Fast Offering Categories - One with a Balance

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ckmcdonald

Two Fast Offering Categories - One with a Balance

Post by ckmcdonald »

Not sure how long this has been the case but when I view an I/E Summary report I have two categories of the exact same name, "Fast Offerings". I don't believe there are supposed to be two. Are others seeing this as well? Is there a way to fix this? (ward level, v3.3)

On to the next related problem. One of these two FO categories has a positive balance of $1670 - it's not supposed to. When I do a Detailed Report of Fast Offering:Housing it reports that back on 1Nov2010 that I wrote a FO-Housing check for $835 - which is accurate. In the Transfers section of the report there are not 1 but 3 Transfers recorded to cover this check. The two extra ones account for the $1670 (which is showing up as a Balance Forward to 2011). All 3 Transfers have the same exact reference number. Has anyone else seen this problem? Fix? Can I and is it as simple as manually recording a Transfer back to CHQs?

I called LUS about this and the official answer I got was "Wait and see if it goes away"... which is what I've been doing since Nov.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ckmcdonald wrote:Not sure how long this has been the case but when I view an I/E Summary report I have two categories of the exact same name, "Fast Offerings". I don't believe there are supposed to be two. Are others seeing this as well? Is there a way to fix this? (ward level, v3.3)

On to the next related problem. One of these two FO categories has a positive balance of $1670 - it's not supposed to. When I do a Detailed Report of Fast Offering:Housing it reports that back on 1Nov2010 that I wrote a FO-Housing check for $835 - which is accurate. In the Transfers section of the report there are not 1 but 3 Transfers recorded to cover this check. The two extra ones account for the $1670 (which is showing up as a Balance Forward to 2011). All 3 Transfers have the same exact reference number. Has anyone else seen this problem? Fix? Can I and is it as simple as manually recording a Transfer back to CHQs?

I called LUS about this and the official answer I got was "Wait and see if it goes away"... which is what I've been doing since Nov.
It won't just go away, in my experience. I had similar issues with transfers not matching up with expenses, but my issues were with inconsistencies between MLS and the Unit Financial Statement. I sent an MLS Message with the details, and two days later got a response that it was all fixed.

If you try to record a transfer, you won't fix the problem, since a transfer has to be balanced, so all you could do is transfer from Fast Offering to Fast Offering -- not too helpful! So contact LUS -- that's the only way to fix problems like this.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ckmcdonald

Post by ckmcdonald »

This is an update to my earlier post.... This afternoon I did another transmit and a patch downloaded. I wasn't expecting one from CHQ as one wasn't mentioned when I was on the phone with them. The patch installed and forced me to re-log in. I still have two "Fast Offerings" categories but the two extra Transfers from CHQ have been removed which cleared up (zeroed out) my FO balance.

Looking around I saw only one side affect... my yearly budget amounts had been set back to zero. It was easy enough to reenter these but it makes me a little nervous it did this. Makes we wonder if it did something else I haven't noticed it yet.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”