Budget Annually or Quarterly (Ward Auxiliaries)

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

idjeeper2 wrote:or is this fixed with 3.3.1?

RussllHltn's certainly correct that you should use Budget Reports to view your budget categories -- that's the only way to see the budgets you entered in View/Edit Budget.

But MLS 3.3.1 will make significant improvements to the Budget Reports that will make this even clearer. And the Budget categories will be removed from the Income and Expense Reports (except that there will be a link on the I&E Reports screen to take you to the Budget Reports screen), so this source of confusion will be gone.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

RussellHltn wrote:I don't think there is any. "Budget" is neither a deposit, withdrawal, nor the movement of real money. It's an assigned number, a limit.

Have you looked at the Budget reports? I think that's what you're looking for.
aebrown wrote:RussllHltn's certainly correct that you should use Budget Reports to view your budget categories -- that's the only way to see the budgets you entered in View/Edit Budget.

But MLS 3.3.1 will make significant improvements to the Budget Reports that will make this even clearer. And the Budget categories will be removed from the Income and Expense Reports (except that there will be a link on the I&E Reports screen to take you to the Budget Reports screen), so this source of confusion will be gone.
RussllHltn hit it. I just wasn't looking in the right place. We had a session with the Stake Finance Clerk tonight and he was able to show us exactly what we were looking for and how to use it. I think the other part of the problem was seeing the budget expenses on the I&E but not the allocations. Between knowing that we need to use both reports together and any fixes that 3.3.1 has, it should be a lot clearer.

Thanks again.
danholgate

CUBS Budget Allocations verse Income and Expense

Post by danholgate »

I have talked to the financial analyst's at church HQ and they explained that Budget Allocations will not communicate or update Income and Expense Summary in the current 3.3 version of CUBS.

They require that the unit finance clerks go to the transfer and set the date back December 31, 2010 and zero out all Budgets so that when the new Budget Allocations communicate and update the Income and Expense Summary it will not cause eratic results.

That means if you have like a budget account say Primary that is -$125.00 you will need to transfer funds from a Budget account that has positive funds to the Primary of +$125.00. If you have positive Budget accounts say Young Womens +$25.00 you will need to transfer it to Budget Allocations.

You should had received your Quarterly Budget Allocation also and you need to go to the budget allocation screen to allocate the budget. Then when you do Expenses against the new Budget and select Primary and reinburse a ward member say $35.00 you will not see it in the Income and Expense Summary but you can go to the Budget Allocation Report and you will see that it shows up there.

Once CUBS 3.3.1 come out they say Budget Allocation spending will then roll up to the Income and Expense Summary.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”