1st quarter allocations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

1st quarter allocations

Post by wrigjef »

Looks like the stake was late entering percentages in the system. I think I read on here that the stake will now have to do the calculations and issue checks. Is this the case or is there any way to trigger another automatic transfer to wards? What would you guys suggest the stake do at this point?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:Looks like the stake was late entering percentages in the system. I think I read on here that the stake will now have to do the calculations and issue checks. Is this the case or is there any way to trigger another automatic transfer to wards? What would you guys suggest the stake do at this point?
I'm 99% sure that the stake simply missed its chance for Q1 and there's no way to trigger an automatic transfer. But the stake financial clerk could call and ask -- perhaps it is possible. I don't think anyone's encountered this situation, since this is the first quarter of automatic allocations, at least for the US -- perhaps our brethren in Canada have had experience with this, since they went on CUBS earlier than the US. If Local Unit Support can do this, please report back so that we can know in case the same situation arises in the future.

But the stake has all the numbers on its quarterly allocation report. So it wouldn't be all that difficult to put those numbers in a spreadsheet and do a quick calculation and then cut a check for each ward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

The answer was to issue checks which we just did. I then sent an email to clerks letting them know to deposit it into Budget :Allocations. Then I suggested a methods of doing their budgets but pointed out that for the most part it is a unit decision. What I suggested is to keep the funds in Budget: Allocations, multiply the number by 4 to estimate the annual allocation then enter that amount as the total allocation on the view/edit budget screen. During the year the budget report can be used to track the budget and the income and expense report can be used to track other.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”