Local Deposit -- Night Deposit Key

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dnslynn

Local Deposit -- Night Deposit Key

Post by dnslynn »

Has anyone had experience requesting a key for the night deposit box at the local bank? Our local bank wants the signature of someone on their signature card (no one I recognized) on a night deposit agreement. Since there is otherwise no need for signatures on the local pass through account, I have never seen a signature card updated for it.

Thanks,
D.W. Lynn
djamesrow

Night Deposit Key - signature card

Post by djamesrow »

I ran into the same problem several years ago when called to be the stake finance clerk and we needed a 'new' key to the night depository at the bank.

The bank could not find any records, so they gave me a new 'signature' card to fill out (took going through several people before they got to someone who knew what they were doing) and once I got that paperwork out of the way they gave me a new key.

Kind of funny since it is the same key every depositor gets...and why would someone want a key that wasn't planning on giving the bank a deposit...since there is nothing that can be taken out though that locked box?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

There is a master deposit agreement already in place. The local bank does not need a signature card for the account. (You probably have to sign for the key(s)).

If your local depository bank is giving you trouble, I would call the Finance Department and ask them to send you a copy of the letter they send to a new unit when they first open their account. It has all the details and account information the local branch could ever want to have.
dnslynn

Post by dnslynn »

Thanks for the replies. I went in to the bank today and was lucky enough to find someone (the service manager) who knew that a signature card was not needed. All I needed was the Stake President's signature, and the two clerk's names on a Night Depository agreement. I'm not sure if my signature would have been enough, as I already had the Stake President's signature on the form.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”