Budget Allocation at Stake Level

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jeromer7

Budget Allocation at Stake Level

Post by jeromer7 »

I have searched through the myriad CUBs posts, but have not found the answer to my question (it is possible I’ve missed it due to the massive number of posts and if so, I apologize).

Ref the CUBS EDOC sent through MLS on 8 Oct, section on Local unit budget allowance (page 3).

As described in this section, I have updated the default percentages for each unit (as set by the stake president) on the Budget Allocation screen. Step 4 begins by saying “Review displayed estimates …” I assumed a dollar estimate for each ward would appear in the Total column, but it remains blank. The Preview screen gives the resulting budget allocation dollars left for the stake in each category and a Grand Total based on the current statistics within the MLS databases, but the Total column is blank on the Preview as well.

Nothing changes after submitting the percentages via Send/Receive.

So the question is: At what point does the Total column get filled in and is it indeed intended to be an estimate of the dollars that will be allocated to each ward when the January allocation is made?
JLR
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

JLRose wrote:Step 4 begins by saying “Review displayed estimates …” I assumed a dollar estimate for each ward would appear in the Total column, but it remains blank. The Preview screen gives the resulting budget allocation dollars left for the stake in each category and a Grand Total based on the current statistics within the MLS databases, but the Total column is blank on the Preview as well.

Nothing changes after submitting the percentages via Send/Receive.

So the question is: At what point does the Total column get filled in and is it indeed intended to be an estimate of the dollars that will be allocated to each ward when the January allocation is made?
I believe estimates are sent one month prior to the actual disbursement. Because we are still in November, I would presume the estimates are not in MLS yet.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

From the New Local Unit Financial Precesses Update message, the closest thing I can find that states that is this section (just below the instructions on how to enter the percentages):
Budget allowance will continue to be given four times each year in January, April, July, and October and notification letters will be sent to MLS. In addition, a preliminary budget notice will be sent one month prior to communicate the upcoming budget allowance and allow leaders to update quarterly report data, ward budget percentages, and other information as needed.
I seem to remember having read that in more explicit detail but can't seem to find it now. If I do, I'll post a link.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Thank you for the info. There has been a lot to absorb.

I'll be patient and see how it looks in December.
JLR

Return to “Local Unit Finance”