Payee's Are Rapidly Growing

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:What is the requirement related to printing transmission reports anyway? I believe you can just cancel out of the option to print that report while still printing the other stuff required for files and audits.
There is certainly no audit step that examines transmission reports, and I know of no documentation that says you must keep them or even print them initially. I've rarely used them pre-CUBS. Now with CUBS, I look at them to see that I have just gotten another big set of duplicate payees -- not that I can do anything about it, but it's interesting.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

wrigjef wrote:I feel the excess paper pain as well. What is the requirement related to printing transmission reports anyway? I believe you can just cancel out of the option to print that report while still printing the other stuff required for files and audits.
Instead of actually printing to paper, you could print to a PDF creator and save the file that's created. It can always be printed at a later date if needed.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
ecotim

Post by ecotim »

I just noticed that the finance transmission report keeps printing out donors as added new donor, even though they have donated previously. Is this a bug? I noticed the 3.2.4 patch was sent yesterday. Are they looking into this? Also it took almost 15 minutes to write one check today. I actually watched the clock as I waited for the system to let me go to the next option. It was 5 minutes after I put in the name and then another 10 minutes after I put in the category.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

ecotim wrote:I just noticed that the finance transmission report keeps printing out donors as added new donor, even though they have donated previously. Is this a bug? I noticed the 3.2.4 patch was sent yesterday. Are they looking into this?
I suggest reading the 6th post in this thread.
ecotim wrote:Also it took almost 15 minutes to write one check today. I actually watched the clock as I waited for the system to let me go to the next option. It was 5 minutes after I put in the name and then another 10 minutes after I put in the category.
I did four today and they went very quickly. However, a significant increase in time lag has been reported elsewhere on the forum, although I'm pretty sure nothing has come close to the time you report. See this thread.
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

Is this report that is printing out these additional donors anything more than a test report accidentally left from internal testing? If it is to be useful or intended for ward use, perhaps those at CHQ could provide a description and synopsis of the intent of this report and then send out a bug fix ASAP to eliminate the loss of budget over excessive paper use.

As a side note, it would be really helpful if at some future point MLS (if still on the computer and not moved online) would be able to save and archive reports in PDF format internally instead of using a third-party PDF printer like CutePDF. That way the intended fonts could be embedded and perhaps a move to more electronic archives would be more officially sanctioned and save resources used in paper, file folders, binders, envelopes, and an eternal pile of paper archives.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

kgthunder wrote:Is this report that is printing out these additional donors anything more than a test report accidentally left from internal testing? If it is to be useful or intended for ward use, perhaps those at CHQ could provide a description and synopsis of the intent of this report and then send out a bug fix ASAP to eliminate the loss of budget over excessive paper use.
I did ask one of the developers about these. His reply:
[font=&quot]I don’t know why they show all that useless information. It just shows what information is going to CUBS.[/font]
As for what they are doing about it, I was hoping 3.2.4 would take care of that. However, I cut some checks yesterday and it still produced all the reports.

Part of the problem seems to be that the system is not recognizing payees/donors, so every time you cut a check or process donations, it adds new participants even if you already had one for that member. It's easy to see how this could result in a large report being generated. I have stopped printing financial reports to paper.
brodine

Post by brodine »

I am still getting additions to the Payee and Donor list for each unit in our Stake... 22 entries for each unit and counting :mad:
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

As of Sunday, we have 35 donor entries in our ward MLS for our stake.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

It might be interesting to note that this doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. My ward is not seeing this problem.
atticusewig

Stop-gap "solution"

Post by atticusewig »

I looked at the multiple Stake donors and noticed
that one of them is listed as the "Church" type
and the rest is listed as "nonmember" type. I'm
pretty sure the "Church" type one is the original
donor pre-CUBS.

Trying to merge the donors gives an error that
"Donors involved with Donation redeposit cannot
be merged".

You can however hide them. So, every once in a