Re-establish negative missionary sub- catagory

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
blairjames

Re-establish negative missionary sub- catagory

Post by blairjames »

How would I Re-establish a negative balance in a missionary sub-catagory? The transfer function will not allow negative number input on either side, ward missionary or Sub-catagory. Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

blairjames wrote:How would I Re-establish a negative balance in a missionary sub-catagory? The transfer function will not allow negative number input on either side, ward missionary or Sub-catagory.
To create a negative balance, just transfer money the other direction. For example, if missionary Smith, Samuel should have a -$400 balance, I would create a transfer. On the left side of the Transfer screen I would specify the category "Ward Missionary Fund:Smith, Samuel" and an amount of $400; on the right side I would put "Ward Missionary Fund" and the same amount.

To create a positive balance, you do the exact same thing, but swap the categories on the left and right sides.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
blairjames

Negative missionary subcatagory balance

Post by blairjames »

Thanks, It's amazing how a person can have a certain mind set but the answer is so simple. Plus this CUBS thing has me a little unsettled. It's going to be great.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”