Question: Our "Other:" categories no longer show what they used to have in them, what do I do?
Possible answer (from page 5 of 9 of the Message I printed out from CHQ):
Is that right? But what do I use as the transfer source/destination when doing this for "Other:" categories?Q. All my balances in budget, other, and ward missionary are different than they were. How can I get them
back to normal? Can you give me step-by-step instructions on how to fix these?
A. When viewing the Income and Expense Report, select All as the date range and focus on the ending
Balances in subcategories can be re-created by using the finance document printed out prior to the transition and using the Transfers function in MLS. To access the Transfers function in MLS:
1. Go to the Finances menu and click More. Then click Enter Transfers.
2. Add a reason for the transfer, such as "Re-creating subcategory balances."
3. Move amounts from categories in "Transfer source" (left side) to categories in "Destination" (right side).
4. The category totals at the bottom should match.
5. Click Save to save the transfer.
6. Saved transfers cannot be undone. An opposite transfer must be entered to reverse the previous incorrect transfer.
Do I do it like this:
Transfer source: "Other:" category that has too much money
Transfer destination: ????
I ask because I felt like I understood everything before but now I am confused again. I didn't expect our "Other:" categories/accounts to go from zero dollars to an amount now showing they have money in them and so I just want to make sure I correct these balances properly.