CUBS: Missing a Ward Missionary subcategory

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Neffites wrote:The Stake realigned the boundaries in several of our wards in August. The 2 elders that have subcategories listed were in our ward before any changes. The elder that does not have a subcategory was in a different ward prior to the boundary changes. I would bet that the Missionary Department still has him listed in his previous ward. If that is the case, how should I call Local Unit Support to resolve it?
It sounds like you've figured out the most likely cause for the problem. You can contact Local Unit Support in any of the normal ways: see the wiki article Local Unit Support. You may also want to review the transfer procedure at Transferring missionary funding to another ward.

Note that LUS is taking calls later in the evening this week: see the thread Local Unit Support Open Late this Week (through Oct. 29th).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Neffites wrote:The Stake realigned the boundaries in several of our wards in August. The 2 elders that have subcategories listed were in our ward before any changes. The elder that does not have a subcategory was in a different ward prior to the boundary changes. I would bet that the Missionary Department still has him listed in his previous ward. If that is the case, how should I call Local Unit Support to resolve it?
Good suggestion Alan_Brown and good detective work Neffites. The ward that will be automatically billed is determined at the time the mission papers are initiated. When he initiated his recommend, he was not in your unit so probably specified the ward he was in before. It's easy enough to change, although I was under the impression the bishop had to do this, especially if it involves correcting some payments. His previous ward has been getting automatically billed even though donations are now being made in your ward so the bishops will have to agree on how many payments to adjust.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”