CUBS is live

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
LTORDUSA1-p40

Authorized Member Activities (The Other Account)

Post by LTORDUSA1-p40 »

I have been trying to understand the new CUBS transition and came up with another confusing question. I understand that all of the expenses in the Budget were transferred to the Budget:Administration and that we are recommended not to move them back to the appropriate (new) category. I have been trying to located the Other:Scout Fund that existed in CUFS.
It is now located in the CUBS Other:Payable to Local Unit with sub-categories of that existed prior to CUBS. The problem that I see is that the categories are mixed up with each other. I have the following
categories;
Other:Payable to Local Unit
Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Cub Scouts Day Camp
Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Scouts
Other:Payable to Local Unit:RS COOKBOOKS
Other:Temple Patron Assistance

The problems with these categories is: The donations do not correspond with the appropiate expenses. For example, in Other:Payable to Local Unit are donations for Other:Temple Patron Assistance and Expenses for Scouts.

The Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Cub Scout Day Camp has a beginning balance from several years ago with no expenses. It should have been zero'd out.

The Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Girls Camp has a beginning balance from several years ago with no expenses. It should have been zero's out.

The Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Scouts has a beginning balance from several years past, donations from current year and no expenses.

The Other:Payable to Local Unit:RS Cookbook has a beginning balance from several years past with no expenses. It should have been zero's out.

The Other:Temple Patron Assistance has one correct donation and one correct Transfer (as of this past Sunday) and a list of Transfers for the current year.

So how do I place the correct donation in the appropriate category?

How do I place the correct expenses in the appropriate category?

How do I remove the Beginning Balances (donations) from prior years?

Marvin
Layton Utah
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

LTORDUSA1 wrote:I have been trying to understand the new CUBS transition and came up with another confusing question. I understand that all of the expenses in the Budget were transferred to the Budget:Administration and that we are recommended not to move them back to the appropriate (new) category. I have been trying to located the Other:Scout Fund that existed in CUFS.
It is now located in the CUBS Other:Payable to Local Unit with sub-categories of that existed prior to CUBS. The problem that I see is that the categories are mixed up with each other. I have the following
categories;
Other:Payable to Local Unit
Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Cub Scouts Day Camp
Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Scouts
Other:Payable to Local Unit:RS COOKBOOKS
Other:Temple Patron Assistance

The problems with these categories is: The donations do not correspond with the appropiate expenses. For example, in Other:Payable to Local Unit are donations for Other:Temple Patron Assistance and Expenses for Scouts.

The Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Cub Scout Day Camp has a beginning balance from several years ago with no expenses. It should have been zero'd out.

The Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Girls Camp has a beginning balance from several years ago with no expenses. It should have been zero's out.

The Other:Payable to Local Unit:O-Scouts has a beginning balance from several years past, donations from current year and no expenses.

The Other:Payable to Local Unit:RS Cookbook has a beginning balance from several years past with no expenses. It should have been zero's out.

The Other:Temple Patron Assistance has one correct donation and one correct Transfer (as of this past Sunday) and a list of Transfers for the current year.

So how do I place the correct donation in the appropriate category?

How do I place the correct expenses in the appropriate category?

How do I remove the Beginning Balances (donations) from prior years?

Marvin
Layton Utah
From what I can tell, any donation to the Other subcategory since its creation is now showing up, even as all of the expenses got placed in the Other parent category. Thus, my Boy Scout Camp balance is astronomical. The fix is to print out a Income & Expense Report by subcategory summary, then go to the Transfer screen. Transfer everything from the Other subcategories to the Parent Other category (This is the same process as the Ward Missionary account). Then transfer what the ending balances on 10/17 were back into the appropriate subcategory.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”