How to create Custom Receipt/Invoice for payment

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
summersc-p40

How to create Custom Receipt/Invoice for payment

Post by summersc-p40 »

Does anyone know if it is possible to generate/create a custom receipt/invoice for a payment made to the stake or another party. I can print a detailed report of a given budget, but would like to print a details invoice for a specific reference number.
kh_design

Invoice present before a check is produced

Post by kh_design »

As a previous Stake Finance Clerk I always presented an invoice to another Church unit (Stake, Ward or Branch) calling for payment, I never made payment requests verbally.

Request from the Stake finance clerk an invoice, if you have exhausted your request for an invoice with no results generate/create your own expense detail with document preparation software (OpenOffice.org, notepad) or by hand and have your unit leader sign. When sending payment to another Church unit also fill out a donation slip and submit the white copy with the payment, and keep the yellow copy with your expense detail or invoice.

From another party you should have the invoice/bill present before a check is produced. And you should truly have an invoice present from the Stake before a check is produced.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”