Can I reprint an expense report?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bedone

Can I reprint an expense report?

Post by bedone »

Awhile back the bishopric of our ward had to get a check out right away to someone, and I wasn't available to help out. They cut the check and left the reimbursement form and the receipt for me. For some reason they did not keep the expense report (the report that prints out after printing checks, which the Bishop and the Clerk both sign). I asked the Bishop about the expense report and he knows that it was printed but doesn't know what happened to it.

I haven't been able to find a way to reprint the expense report from MLS. Can this be done? If not, how much of a problem is it?

Thanks,

bedonein71
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bedonein71 wrote:I haven't been able to find a way to reprint the expense report from MLS. Can this be done? If not, how much of a problem is it?
There is no way to go back and print the expense report. But I wouldn't worry about it -- the financial audit does not require that form. The only requirement is that the bishop approves each expense by his signature. If you have his signature on the expense authorization form attached to the documentation for each check, then that requirement is satisfied.
tdhawryluk

Post by tdhawryluk »

Would it also be true that if the bishop signs the expense report, and the report is kept, that the bishop does not necessarily have to sign the cheque or the expense form?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

punman wrote:Would it also be true that if the bishop signs the expense report, and the report is kept, that the bishop does not necessarily have to sign the cheque or the expense form?
That is correct. Step 16 of the audit checklist states this:
Did the bishop approve all payments?
Look at the payment documents. Make sure the bishop has approved the payments by signing at least one of the following: invoice, bill, receipt, or payment request. The bishop's signature on the MLS Detail Expense Report is adequate proof of his approval.
The bishop does not need to approve every aspect of the process of making a payment for an expense. The signature on one of the documents described is adequate to indicate he is aware of and approved the payment.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”