Tithing Declaration Reports and Stake Change

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eblood66

Tithing Declaration Reports and Stake Change

Postby eblood66 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Our ward was just transferred to a new stake last week. Does anyone know whether we're supposed to submit our annual Tithing Declaration reports to the old Stake President because that's the stake we were in at the year end or to the new one?

Our new stake doesn't have a Stake Clerk right now and I haven't been able to get hold of clerk in our old Stake yet, so I thought I'd check here.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:45 pm

eblood66 wrote:Our ward was just transferred to a new stake last week. Does anyone know whether we're supposed to submit our annual Tithing Declaration reports to the old Stake President because that's the stake we were in at the year end or to the new one?

Our new stake doesn't have a Stake Clerk right now and I haven't been able to get hold of clerk in our old Stake yet, so I thought I'd check here.

Either stake could review the Tithing Declaration Reports for accuracy. The real question is which stake is going to receive the Deposit Transaction Report, which then has to be reconciled with the Batch Summary Report. Frankly, I don't know the answer to that. I'd guess that it would be your current stake, but someone would need to ask Local Unit Support to be sure.

crislapi

Postby crislapi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:14 pm

It's simple enough to just print 2 copies and give one to each.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:38 pm

crislapi wrote:It's simple enough to just print 2 copies and give one to each.

True. That may be the simplest thing to do.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”