Missionary Donations by Non Cash Method

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tdhawryluk

Missionary Donations by Non Cash Method

Post by tdhawryluk »

A member supporting a son on a mission told the bishop he was donating some assets like stock and wanted the money to go to the ward missionary fund for his son.
Of course this donation does not happen at the ward level.
As ward financial clerk do I watch for an increase in our ward missionary fund when I reconcile one month?
Will there be a line itemizing it on the financial statement or will the bishop get some separate document in the mail?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

punman wrote:A member supporting a son on a mission told the bishop he was donating some assets like stock and wanted the money to go to the ward missionary fund for his son.
Of course this donation does not happen at the ward level.
As ward financial clerk do I watch for an increase in our ward missionary fund when I reconcile one month?
Will there be a line itemizing it on the financial statement or will the bishop get some separate document in the mail?
This is all explained in the wiki article Donations in kind, both what the donor needs to do, and how to account for it in MLS.
tdhawryluk

Post by tdhawryluk »

Thank you . That is exactly what I was looking for.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”