Reconciling Problem

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:So those theories don't explain how previously reconciled months now don't reconcile all the way back to March and April.
And remember the advice that once a month reconciles, there is rarely a reason to go back. By default, a previous month will not reconcile again once you reconcile a later month, unless you undo some items in the later reconciliations.

It would be nice to know if those earlier March or April reconciliations were actually completed and whether or not they were "made" to reconcile.
worthingtonjg-p40

Post by worthingtonjg-p40 »

Thanks for everyone's input on this. I figured out what the problem was...

It was mainly my inexperience and procrastination that caused the problem. There where two donations that where originally classified as Fast Offerings by the previous clerk (one in March, and the other in April).

In November I was asked to make a correction to these donations (since these where actually supposed to be for Ward Missionary).

When I went to reconcile October (yes, I was behind - but not anymore) I didn't remember that I had done this (which is the main problem).

After reading all your comments I went back and looked at all the donations and realized that this is what had happened.

I entered a temporary item for the October reconcilation, and the problem should fix itself in November, since that is when the correction was made officially.

Thanks again for all the input on this - it really helped!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”