Billing for new Gosp. Essentials books

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
fletch1027

Billing for new Gosp. Essentials books

Post by fletch1027 »

I saw on the bottom of the curriculum order form, that units ordering the new GP manual this year will be billed $1.50 in 2009 and $1.50 in 2010.

Does anyone know when in 2010 this charge will land, and will we get notice besides it being on a given months statement?

Thanks,
Harry
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

fletch wrote:I saw on the bottom of the curriculum order form, that units ordering the new GP manual this year will be billed $1.50 in 2009 and $1.50 in 2010.

Does anyone know when in 2010 this charge will land, and will we get notice besides it being on a given months statement?
As you can see, the charge for Gospel Principles manuals will be split in two to even out the expense, since those manuals will be used for two years. The same thing was done with the Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith manuals that were used in 2008 and 2009.

The 2010 portion of the charge for Gospel Principles will be assessed at the time of the general curriculum order for 2011, which will be near the end of 2010.

As with all orders through Distribution Services, the bishop will receive a notice of the charge that will be included with his regular mailing.
johnshaw

Please document this

Post by johnshaw »

Last year I got hit with the 2nd portion of the Joseph Smith manual charge. I had no idea it was coming, and the previous clerk did not budget for it, or indicate that there was a second year charge coming.

CLERKS - please document this to pass along next year if you are released!!!
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I'll second that. I remember expecting the total cost for the JS manuals and being elated when it ended up being half what I was expecting. I never heard anything about the cost being split between two years, so I was also surprised when we got charged again for them. Apparently that was widespread, because several weeks after the charge we got a notice (letter or email, I can't remember) informing us that they had split the charge over two years.

At least this time that was made known beforehand, although now I think the majority know to expect it.

As for when, I believe the charge in my ward showed up in about September.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

I wonder why everyone was noticing this so late. I got the charge in April or May.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

nutterb wrote:I wonder why everyone was noticing this so late. I got the charge in April or May.
That's what that was. I was getting on my ward clerk for ordering something without letting me know and the bishop for not giving me the invoice. :p

Return to “Local Unit Finance”